Software Support Analyst
Job Title: Software Support Analyst
Reports to: Operations Manager
- Develop problem solving capabilities and strategies to improve efficiency and effectiveness –using ‘time outs’, brainstorming etc to speed up the identification of support solutions.
- Actively contribute to the development of packages and improvements to the structure and procedures within the team.
Software Support Tickets
- Manage and monitor the Service Board and take ownership of support tickets raised, working with the client to ensure satisfactory resolution of issues.
- Investigate issues with applications using the applications user interface and/or investigating coding.
- Responsible for the provision of high quality support to clients, resolving issues raised by the client quickly and effectively, suggesting solutions and identifying alternative and appropriate ways to deliver requirements
- Develop and maintain documentation to support solutions and to inform future processes.
- Liaise closely with clients to ensure a clear understanding of the issues and to in gather requirements data.
- Work with the client to enhance existing solutions to meet client needs, sharing information and ensuring solutions are workable and clearly understood by all parties.
- Compile weekly SLA reports for clients, providing clear detail as to new, closed and on going support tickets.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with clients via email and telephone and undertaking site visits as required to discuss issues and test functionality.
- Demonstrate innovation in approach to solutions development.
- Create change request documentation to ensure a clear pathway of changes is maintained for each client.
End User Testing and Support
- Working with the Business Analyst, take responsibility for aspects of customer UAT of all solutions,ensuring robustness of test plans, and execution methodologies.
- Create clear documentation to support UAT standards and to support the testing process.
- Draft guidance and support documentation as required to enhance client understanding of the software.
- Work proactively with other project team members to ensure the integrity and robustness of proposed solutions.
- Act as an ambassador for the company at all times, ensuring the core values of Quality,Simplicity and Innovation are embedded into all we do.
- Proactively work to establish and maintain a learning mindset; actively sharing knowledge and expertise with the wider team.
- Any other duties as required to support the work of the company.
- Client-focused friendly and positive approach with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Proven ability to share technical information in a user-friendly way.
- Proven ability to work constructively with others in a collaborative environment.
- Highly organised self-starter with a proven ability to effectively self-manage a diverse workload.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years working in a similar role.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office products.
- Good working knowledge of software development platforms.
- Background in software development in a commercial Agile/SCRUM environment would be advantageous.
- SharePoint Administration Experience
- SharePoint Designer
- SharePoint Development
- Programming Languages (C#, PHP, Perl, Java)
- ITIL experience/qualification would be advantageous but not a must
Evoke IT is a well-established and fast growing team offering a diverse range of software solutions to clients across a number of sectors. Examples of our work are available to view on the ‘case studies’ section of our website.
Our team are friendly, focussed and hardworking. At Evoke IT, we encourage a learning mind-set and a collaborative approach to delivering high quality solutions. Our current vacancies are all newly created posts and therefore we would anticipate you having a large part to play in developing and shaping your new role to meet the emerging needs of the team and wider business.
This post is based in our office in the West End of Aberdeen. Parking is available on a shared basis and car-sharing and public transport use is encouraged. We work a 40 hour week with core hours of 0830 – 1700, with annual leave of 28 days per year, inclusive of public holiday entitlement. Should you have any queries in relation to the vacancies or working with us, please feel free to contact us for a chat.