Job Title: Software Developer
Reports to: Senior Software Developer
- Develop problem solving capabilities and strategies to improve efficiency and effectiveness – using ‘time outs’, brainstorming etc to speed up the identification of development solutions.
- Focus on delivering quality in line with requirements documentation; ensuring a high level of testing is achieved at all stages throughout the SDLC.
- Take ownership of allocated software development sprints in accordance with the requirements documentation across the full SDLC, including development of new features, enhancements, and resolving defects.
- Develop creative solutions to client requirements using innovative and up to date programming and coding techniques.
- Ensure a full understanding of the requirements documentation to ensure all work is focussed on achieving the desired end result for clients.
- Create software applications using multiple technologies working in a SCRUM/Agile environment.
- Create and deliver enhancements to existing products.
- Communicate and provide regular updates and feedback to the Project Manager and wider development team on progress, highlighting issues and proposing appropriate solutions as necessary.
- Produce well organised and documented source code.
- Contribute to technical design documentation.
- Actively collaborate with the development team and wider business to develop, test and maintain applications that meet agreed customer specifications.
- Collaborate and share information and knowledge proactively with other developers to improve knowledge and effectively resolve programming and development issues as they arise.
- Develop user documentation as necessary to support end-user capabilities and understanding of the new or enhanced features of the software.
- Debug, write test cases and ensure a high level of testing in embedded into the development process.
- Contribute to the production of high quality documentation to inform future work and to ensure a systematic and consistent approach to all development work.
- Deploy solutions into production environments and engage effectively with clients to ensure high levels of satisfaction with end product.
- Adhere to high quality development principles in line with ISO 9001 while delivering resolutions on time and on budget.
- Research, evaluate and maintain a high level of knowledge and understanding about a range of software products and promote the use of new and emerging technologies as relevant to meet client requirements.
- Act as an ambassador for the company at all times, ensuring the core values of Quality, Simplicity and Innovation are embedded into all we do.
- Proactively work to establish and maintain a learning mindset; actively sharing knowledge and expertise with the wider team.
- Any other duties as required to support the work of the company.
- Strong understanding of the tools & technologies used and experience in using them in a commercial environment.
- Proven ability to work constructively with others in a collaborative environment.
- Organised and a self-starter, requiring minimal supervision of day to day tasks.
- Clear and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Collaborate and communicate ideas with the development team to help improve the efficiently of the team.
- Quickly produce well-organised, optimised, and documented source code.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Batchelors Degree in Computing Science or equivalent commercial experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience developing software within a commercial environment.
- Strong working knowledge of software development platforms.
- Excellent working knowledge of:
- Strong OOP skills
- Good working knowledge of any of these would be advantageous:
- Kendo UI
- Xamarin (Forms)
- SharePoint – Development and User-end and administration
- SQL and SQL Server
- Visual Studio
- Identity Server
- Responsive Design/Twitter Bootstrap
- ASP.NET MVC
- Entity Framework
- HTML, CSS
Evoke IT is a well-established and fast growing team offering a diverse range of software solutions to clients across a number of sectors. Examples of our work are available to view on the ‘case studies’ section of our website.
Our team are friendly, focussed and hardworking. At Evoke IT, we encourage a learning mind-set and a collaborative approach to delivering high quality solutions. Our current vacancies are all newly created posts and therefore we would anticipate you having a large part to play in developing and shaping your new role to meet the emerging needs of the team and wider business.
This post is based in our office in the West End of Aberdeen. Parking is available on a shared basis and car-sharing and public transport use is encouraged. We work a 40 hour week with core hours of 0830 – 1700, with annual leave of 28 days per year, inclusive of public holiday entitlement. Should you have any queries in relation to the vacancies or working with us, please feel free to contact us for a chat.