IT Support Engineer - 3rd Line
Job Title: IT Support Engineer – 3rd Line
Reports to: Managed IT Services Manager
- Support and contribute to the development of packaged services for managed IT clients
- Develop procedures and processes to support and shape the work of the team
- Work with clients to clearly define projects from the outset, ensuring consideration of new and innovative technologies to provide best value solutions to meet client expectations.
- Define project objectives to meet client requirements, taking account of available resources –technical, people, time and budget.
- Lead and contribute to the development of clear and detailed project plan and requirements documentation ensuring all technical aspects of the project are fully scoped out and appropriate resources allocated to ensure successful delivery.
- Overall accountability and responsibility for the delivery of a number of projects for different clients at any one time, maintaining a clear vision across all project work and that resources are available to meet the demands of each project.
- Undertake effective risk management to minimise project risks and to deal with any issues that may arise.
- Define appropriate testing solutions and ensure these are embedded into project plans at appropriate stages to ensure issues are identified early and time is afforded for any amendments or changes required as a result of issues raised through the testing process.
- Work with the Business Analyst/Product Owner and others to ensure a clean delivery of the end product to the client and that any necessary aftercare or support is made available to the client.
- Develop and maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles and procedures.
- Provide on-site assistance and support when required; developing and maintaining positive working relationships with clients and end-users.
- Consult on infrastructure problems and provide suitable networking solutions
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues, delegating to the 1st line engineers as appropriate.
- Log all support calls on the call logging system and maintain full documentation. Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected.
- Respond to enquiries from clients within agreed timescales and identify and implement solutions to hardware or software problems.
- Configure and support both physical and virtual environments.
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organisational policy.
- Preserve assets,information security and control structures.
- Trouble shoot system and network problems, diagnose and solve hardware/software Incidents/problems.
- Provide creative,workable and user-friendly solution(s)/work around(s) to incidents and problems
- Create, manage and evolve polices, processes and procedures to develop and support client services.
- Create and manage a SharePoint documents records library.
- Install, maintain and support new applications and Infrastructure.
- Work to SLA thresholds for incident(s), request(s) and problem(s).
- Test, evaluate and implement new technology and generally keep up to date with relevant advancements in technology
- Review of services, application delivery, patching and Anti-Virus
- Systems monitoring.
- Supporting Users on both hardware and Software applications
- Administer backups and restores
- Patching servers
- Performance monitoring IT infrastructure.
- Maintain security infrastructure including antivirus software, firewalls and endpoints. •Administer Active Directory including Group Policies
- Administer and monitor Virtual server infrastructure
- Build new servers, including virtual.
- Network troubleshooting, TCP/IP and general WAN/ LAN trouble shooting
- To resolve all IT issues with a professional manner.
- Overall responsibility for the quality assurance of all managed IT solutions; ensuring a high level of testing is completed before solutions are provided to the client.
- Debug, perform tests cases and peer review the work of colleagues.
- Produce high quality documentation to inform future work and to ensure a systematic and consistent approach to all development work.
- Analyse, resolve and troubleshoot technical and application problems and produce clear documentation to support solutions.
- Adhere to high quality development principles in line with ISO 9001 while delivering resolutions on time and on budget.
- Research,evaluate and maintain a high level of knowledge and understanding about a range of hardware and software products and promote the use of new and emerging technologies as relevant to meet client requirements.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team and proactively foster a learning culture that encourages innovation whilst managing risks.
- Act as an ambassador for the company at all times, ensuring the core values of Quality,Simplicity and Innovation are embedded into all we do.
- Proactively work to establish and maintain a learning mindset; actively sharing knowledge and expertise with the wider team.
- Any other duties as required to support the work of the company
- Solutions focused and resourceful with the confidence to take forward solutions and draw on experience to deliver results.
- Deep understanding of the tools & technologies used and experience in using them in a commercial environment.
- Proven ability to quickly and effectively troubleshoot complex technical problems and to find innovative solutions.
- Excellent client management skills – able to confidently
- Proven ability to work constructively with others in a collaborative environment and to guide and support more junior members of the team in their day to day tasks.
- Organised and a self-starter, requiring minimal supervision of day to day tasks.
- Clear and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Collaborate and communicate ideas with the development team to help improve the efficiently of the team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3 years Service Desk experience
- Extensive understanding and experience of Microsoft Office 365 administration and mail migration
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 2003 / 2008 server and Exchange Server 2003 / 2007 /2010
- Good working knowledge of ITIL processes
- Excellent telephone manner and client facing experience
- A Microsoft certification such as an MCSE or MCITP is desirable
- Proven working experience in supporting IT Infrastructure, Endpoint Hardware and Software
- Experience supporting Office365/SharePoint
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Server 2008/2012/2016 skills
- Desktop Windows XP/Vista/ 7/8.1/ 10 skills
- Active Directory & Exchange administration
- Experience in Installation and Administration of SQL Server
- Willingness to travel and to work independently from client sites as necessary (using own transport)
Evoke IT is a well-established and fast growing team offering a diverse range of software solutions to clients across a number of sectors. Examples of our work are available to view on the ‘case studies’ section of our website.
Our team are friendly, focussed and hardworking. At Evoke IT, we encourage a learning mind-set and a collaborative approach to delivering high quality solutions. Our current vacancies are all newly created posts and therefore we would anticipate you having a large part to play in developing and shaping your new role to meet the emerging needs of the team and wider business.
This post is based in our office in the West End of Aberdeen. Parking is available on a shared basis and car-sharing and public transport use is encouraged. We work a 40 hour week with core hours of 0830 – 1700, with annual leave of 28 days per year, inclusive of public holiday entitlement. Should you have any queries in relation to the vacancies or working with us, please feel free to contact us for a chat.