Job Title: Business Manager
Reports to: The Board
Responsible for: Administrator
· To develop and maintain business efficiency and profitability, sharing information and taking the lead in promoting a business focus throughout the team.
· To work with the Board to streamline the business as required, using knowledge of workflow,sticking points and over/under utilisation of resources to inform decision making.
· To ensure the wellbeing of all staff members, implementing initiatives to support wellbeing across the business and advising management on appropriate actions to achieve this aim.
· To ensure the office is adhering to policies and procedures, providing advice, guidance and training on this as necessary to ensure a consistent approach is achieved and maintained.
Strategy and Planning
· Ensure all activities have a commercial focus aimed at driving and enhancing profitability.
· Support and advise the Board and senior managers in the development and implementation of the strategic aims of the business; taking an overarching and cross-functional view in considering opportunities and risks.
· Implement,deliver and evaluate the strategic aims from a corporate perspective, ensuring internal support functions are focused on profitability and enhancing both the client experience and staff well being.
· Share and promote the strategic aims within the team to engender a shared sense of purpose and commercial focus.
Finance & Reporting
· Arrange, attend and input to Board meetings; providing clear and accurate financial reports to inform decision making.
· Research, draft and provide relevant reports and data to inform senior management meetings and play an active role in advising at a strategic level.
· Work with Xero accounting software to record and report on daily revenue, cash flow, utilisation and project budgets.
· Share information and educate all staff on profits, losses, efficiencies and improvements to improve business awareness across the team.
· Implement and maintain policies and procedures in line with ISO 9001 and QMS systems.
· Monitor and review the implementation of policies and procedures; supporting and guiding staff to ensure the policies are consistently applied across the business.
· Ensure data protection legislation is adhered to and that data storage is maintained inline with the requirements of the GDPR.
· Maintain up to date and accurate personnel and training records and assist the HR function as required.
Wellbeing & Staffing
· Carry out regular internal surveys to measure staff wellbeing; analysing the data to propose new initiatives to enhance well being and taking measures to remove barriers as necessary.
· Implement wellbeing programmes and initiatives as agreed by Board and monitoring the impact and success of these.
· Promotes an attitude of success and wellbeing, having a positive influence on all employees and supporting all line managers to achieve a cohesive approach and culture across the business.
· Listens to employees, allowing them to express their opinions, illuminate issues, and suggest fixes.
· Oversee and organise the recruitment of new staff in line with the Company’s Recruitment and Equal Opportunities policies; ensuring best value in advertising and other recruitment methods.
· Responsible for the corporate aspects of on boarding and full induction of all new recruits;ensuring new staff members are welcomed into the Company and can quickly become productive and integrated members of the team.
· Arrange training and development opportunities as required, liaising with managers across the business to ensure best value is achieved and that development opportunities are aligned with agreed corporate and individual goals.
Client Relationships & Support
· Carry out regular client surveys to measure customer service, quality and satisfaction levels;preparing reports to inform decisions about potential improvements and highlighting any areas of concern.
· Liaise with clients, staff and suppliers, acting as a central point of contact and ensuring queries or actions are fed to the appropriate individual and followed up within agreed timescales.
· Act as first point of contact for all sales enquiries and take ownership of complaints and providing feedback to clients as necessary.
· Support the marketing and business development functions in promoting the Company; ensuring all corporate communications adhere to our ethos, brand and agreed design templates.
· Responsible for organising Company events and conferences as necessary, liaising with venues,suppliers, customers, speakers and staff to ensure events are well-organised and present a positive and professional image of the Company.
· Review and update HSEQ policies in line with current legislation and best practice; providing training as necessary to support full compliance.
· Ensure electrical equipment and safety devices are regularly tested and any issues rectified promptly.
· Arrange regular office and workstation risk assessments in line with regulatory requirements;implementing actions as necessary.
· Plan and manage the office budget; controlling expenditure and focusing spend on areas of priority.
· Procure hardware and other equipment as necessary; ensuring best value is obtained at all times.
· Maintain an adequate stock of stationary and other supplies.
· Lead and motivate the administrative team to ensure a high quality of support and record keeping are in place.
· Responsible for onboarding and mentoring newly recruited administrative staff, guiding and supporting them until they are up to speed with the technologies, systems and processes we use.
· Support and guide the team to ensure a positive workplace environment that promotes and values diversity and enhances workplace satisfaction.
· Proactively manage the performance of the admin team, undertaking regular appraisals and ensuring feedback is provided in a timely manner and individual training and development needs are identified and provided.
· Responsible for all day to day administrative people tasks such as time recording, absence monitoring, feedback, recruitment and selection and any other such tasks as are congruent with the role of line manager.
· Accountable for the quality and accuracy of all work across the administrative function.
· Create clear documentation to administrative processes.
· Drive and support continuous improvement across the business; using data from surveys, informal client and staff feedback and personal insights to inform and shape improvement actions.
· Maintain and continuously develop a deep understanding of effective office management and share this knowledge with the team.
· Act as an ambassador for the company at all times, ensuring the core values of Quality,Simplicity and Innovation are embedded into all we do.
· Proactively work to establish and maintain a learning mindset; actively sharing knowledge and expertise with the wider team.
· Any other duties as required to support the work of the company.
Evoke IT is a well-established and fast growing team offering a diverse range of software solutions to clients across a number of sectors. Examples of our work are available to view on the ‘case studies’ section of our website.
Our team are friendly, focused and hardworking. At Evoke IT, we encourage a learning mind-set and a collaborative approach to delivering high quality solutions. Our current vacancies are all newly created posts and therefore we would anticipate you having a large part to play in developing and shaping your new role to meet the emerging needs of the team and wider business.
This post is based in our office in the centre of Aberdeen. We work a 38.75 hour week with core hours of 0830 – 1700, with annual leave of 30 days per year, inclusive of public holiday entitlement. Should you have any queries in relation to the vacancies or working with us, please feel free to contact us for a chat.