Business Development Manager role
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reports to: Corporate Manager
- To improve the Company’s market position and achieve commercial growth in line with agreed annual targets.
- To identify, negotiate and close new business opportunities in line with agreed annual targets.
- To actively participate in training and undertake own learning on the HubSpot approach and platform, implementing and embedding this approach across all business development activities.
- To develop new and enhance existing client relationships using inbound marketing techniques to improve the Company’s market position and deliver a continuous and sustainable pipeline of work for both the development and managed IT teams.
Business Development Planning
- Develop a clear business development strategy using knowledge of business objectives and sales margins to identify opportunities for growth.
- Proactively attend relevant industry functions, software development and other relevant technology events and conferences to ingather data on market and creative trends and to enhance network and potential client base..
- Present to and consult with the Software Development and Managed IT managers on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Identify and validate potential clients, and the key decision makers within the client organisation.
- Research client businesses to establish potential opportunities and to allow effective building of relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and colleagues as necessary to progress business opportunities.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with colleagues to develop clear proposals that reflect client requirements, aims, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service to achieve commercial targets.
- Use a variety of communication styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
Client Retention and Management
- Ensure a clean handover of all client information to the Software Business Analyst
- Proactively present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Research and Reporting
- Submit weekly progress reports, clearly showing ROI on all business development activities.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with Marketing to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a preferred supplier or vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the Company’s strategic aims and goals to continue to enhance the Company’s performance.
Management of Resources
- Plan and manage the business development budget; controlling expenditure and focussing spend on areas of priority.
- Responsible for the quality and accuracy of all business development documentation, proposals and reporting.
- Create clear documentation to support business development and client management processes.
- Participate in comprehensive lessons learned reviews for all completed projects ensuring that any business development actions are implemented.
- Maintain and continuously develop an understanding of software development platforms and other relevant technologies to allow for informed technical discussions with potential or existing clients.
- Evolve cost estimate models to continue to improve the mechanisms used to estimate internal and customer software projects.
- Act as an ambassador for the company at all times, ensuring the core values of Quality, Simplicity and Innovation are embedded into all we do.
- Proactively work to establish and maintain a learning mindset; actively sharing knowledge and expertise with the wider team.
- Any other duties as required to support the work of the company.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years working in a similar business development management role.
- Experience and knowledge of inbound marketing and business development would be advantageous.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office products.
- Proven business development and client management skills and expertise in a commercial, projects-driven environment.
- Good working knowledge of software development platforms.
- Experience of using Hubspot an advantage.
- Skilled networker and communicator with proven ability to form trusting and positive business relationships.
- Highly organised self-starter with a focus on delivering results.
- Tenacious and persuasive negotiator, able to demonstrate the value of proposed projects to potential clients and to close deals effectively.
- Strong ability to develop and deliver business development strategies that support, progress and align with business goals.
- Excellent ability to write clear and competitive estimates, proposals and quotes based on client requirements.
- Good collaborator and team player, able to work well with others.
Evoke IT is a well-established and fast growing team offering a diverse range of software solutions to clients across a number of sectors. Examples of our work are available to view on the ‘case studies’ section of our website.
Our team are friendly, focussed and hardworking. At Evoke IT, we encourage a learning mind-set and a collaborative approach to delivering high quality solutions. Our current vacancies are all newly created posts and therefore we would anticipate you having a large part to play in developing and shaping your new role to meet the emerging needs of the team and wider business.
This post is based in our office in Livingston. We work a 38.75 hour week with core hours of 0830 – 1700 with annual leave of 30 days per year inclusive of public holiday entitlement. Should you have any queries in relation to the vacancies or working with us, please feel free to contact us for a chat.