Job Title: Business Analyst
Reports to: Operations Manager
Defining Project Parameters
• Facilitate open discussion during scoping and requirements meetings with clients, probing and clarifying carefully to develop a keen understanding of what the client is trying to achieve and why.
• Establish the overarching business vision and aim and how value will be added to the client through the development of the software solution (the end result).
• On the basis of possible available technological solutions, available budget and timelines,work with the client to agree project aims that are realistic, innovative and which will achieve their aim and add value to their business.
• Work with the Project Manager to explore available technical solutions, consider new technologies, establish and refine project aims, deliverables and timescales to ensure the project is achievable and profitable.
• Responsible for drafting product specifications and requirements documents and working with the Project Manager to split the project into sprints for development work.
• Assist the Project Manager in the definition of project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
Project Methodology & Documentation
• Construct workflow charts to assist methodical and systematic approaches to working practices.
• Be the point of contact between the development team and the client, translating client demands into technical requirements and technical queries into language that can be easily understood by the client.• Demonstrate innovation in approach to solutions development.
• Develop and manage sign-off protocols at defined stages throughout the SDLC in line with requirements documentation and contractual agreements.
• Responsible for customer UAT of all projects, ensuring robustness of test plans, and execution methodologies.
• Create clear documentation to support UAT standards and to support the testing process.
• Provide clear and timely feedback to development team on the outcome of testing to ensure issues are identified and resolved to meet delivery deadlines.
• Work proactively with other project team members to ensure the integrity and robustness of proposed solutions.
Evoke IT is a well-established and fast growing team offering a diverse range of software solutions to clients across a number of sectors. Examples of our work are available to view on the ‘case studies’ section of our website.
Our team are friendly, focussed and hardworking. At Evoke IT, we encourage a learning mind-set and a collaborative approach to delivering high quality solutions. Our current vacancies are all newly created posts and therefore we would anticipate you having a large part to play in developing and shaping your new role to meet the emerging needs of the team and wider business.
This post is based in our office in the West End of Aberdeen. Parking is available on a shared basis and car-sharing and public transport use is encouraged. We work a 40 hour week with core hours of 0830 – 1700, with annual leave of 28 days per year, inclusive of public holiday entitlement. Should you have any queries in relation to the vacancies or working with us, please feel free to contact us for a chat.